Which new books will you discover in August?
Continue Reading >>>
BOOK REVIEWS & ESSAYS
Alenka Sottler, an award-winning Slovenian painter and illustrator, talks about her love for painting and literature, the art of illustration and the immense power that depicting human faces on book covers can have on readers.
This week, we spoke to Dr. Mini Chandran, a professor at IIT Kanpur and an expert on literary censorship to understand its state in India, the circumstances in which it thrives and the true cost of it on writers.
Rajendra Nagar, a historian and writer talks about the importance of literature, how it has shaped the human race and how a single word brought about all the stories we know, speak of and create today.
FRESH OFF THE KEYBOARD
- The Magical Language of Others by E J Koh
- Lady Clementine by Marie Benedict
- An Artist of the Floating World by Kazuo Ishiguro
- Hatchet by Gary Paulsen
- Ablaze: The Story of the Heroes and Victims of Chernobyl by Piers Paul Read
- January 2020 Issue | 1986
- Releasing In January 2020
- The Heretic Queen by Michelle Moran
- The Measure of Our Lives by Toni Morrison